Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Baby Birds

So a few weeks ago I wanted to grill some hamburgers out on the grill.  It was a nice summer day and seemed like a fun thing to do.  Well, I went outside to get the grill going and found it filled to the top with twigs and branches.  A bird was trying to build a nest in our barbeque!  I got a big plastic sac and cleaned it all out and we were able to grill that night.  

The VERY NEXT DAY I was out on our balcony just enjoying the warm weather and saw aome sticks sticking out of the barbecue.  "I thought oh no, that bird has started again, I had better stop him before he gets too far."  When I opened the grill I was surprised to find it filled to the top once again with twigs and sticks.  I was shocked!  It was Brian's turn to clean it out this time.  Well, with Brian being so busy he didn't get to it for a few days.  I wanted to grill and sent him out to clean it out and he found 6 little eggs.  We knew that we had missed our chance and couldn't do anything now beacause if you tousch them the momther will abandon them. 

Just yesterday I thought I would at least document this and get a few pictures of the eggs and then the birds as soon as they hatch amd found out I was too late.  I opend it up and there they were.  

They are so cute and must have just hatched because they have hardly any hair and there is still one egg.  Next to that egg there is also a little bird that just hatched.  

It will be fun to see them grow up...I just hope they don't ruin our barbeque.  





No comments: