Sunday, April 20, 2008

My Trip to Australia!!

This month really has been a great one starting with a trip to Australia. I was able to go to Australia with my younger sister, Shae, and my Mom and Dad. It was so much fun! I regret to say that Brian was unable to come and to top it off had the busiest week of his dental career thus far. I hope that someday we can make it back there together because it really is a beautiful country.

So I had my first expereince flying over on a 747 Double Decker plane. I was super excited. Although, it wasn't really that different because only first class is allowed upstairs--but I still thought it was cool.


This is the view out of our Hotel of Surfer's Paradise along the Gold Coast! It is really neat I thought that it was kind of like Venice except without all the old buildings and history. The bay weaved through the streets of the city and many people had big huge yaughts and boats.


This is a view along the way to the rainforest. It was BEAUTIFUL.



That is the road we took to get to the rainforest! It seriously made the road to Hana seem like a piece of cake! Most of the way it was a one lane road and yes, you had people coming down while you were going up. Just to top it off, they drive on the wrong side of the road over there, so it was pretty scary, but very scenic.


I was able to hold a Koala bear and feed the Kangaroos. This was probably my most favorite thing that we did. We also did some scuba diving which was awesome and another of the highlights of my trip.

8 comments:

corinne and paul said...

the pictures are gorgeous! looks like it was an awesome trip!

brie said...

I'm uber jealous! Glad you had a fun time. :)

Sarah said...

All I have to say is I'M JEALOUS!

Jen said...

Wow! I am so jealous. What an amazing trip. I want to hear stories. Didn't you scuba? We need to get together so I can hear all about it!Miss you!

Danielle said...

I can't believe you got to go to Australia! It looks like you had so much fun. I'm SO jealous you got to hold a Koala bear!

Ashley Shae said...

Cool post! You should put up some of the scuba pics and could you maybe send me some of the kite boarding pics? That would be great. Oh, and I think it's pretty set that mom and I are going to drive out in a couple of weeks when we are in Chicago. So see you soon!!!

Brooke Bowen said...

How amazing was that?! I've always wanted to go to Australia, and to go diving there!!! I need to call you and hear more details!

Ashley Shae said...

Kanga tie me roo down... lol :)
I didn't want you to forget your favorite song.