Saturday, June 7, 2008

My new little companion!



Brian and I just got a new little puppy, Memorial weekend. WE went to look at the cats and ended up getting a dog! She is a little nine-week-old Shiranian (a cross between a shitzu and a pomeranian). Right now, she's about three pounds, and they say she should only get to be about 7-10 pounds.
She is a lot of fun, but a lot of work too. Right now we wake up twice a night to take her out to go potty. She wears a diaper while in the house to reduce the amount of accidents. We had no idea what to name her so my little neice, Avalee, did the honors. I told her we were thinking about getting a puppy and asked her what we should name her. She said "Peanut" and well, it stuck. Both Brian and I really liked it and it really fit her well. So Peanut is the newest addition to our family!

7 comments:

Jen said...

So cute! Nate and I will have to come meet peanut when we get back. He LOVES dogs!

Sarah said...

SOOOOOOOOOO CUTE! Tucker and Tilly would love to play w/ Peanut! Fun!

Brooke Bowen said...

Are you kidding me? That is the cutest puppy ever! I want one so bad but I can't talk Brandon into one yet. That's ok though because we're going to have a baby instead!!!

Anonymous said...

Awww. She looks like a peanut! I am glad you have a buddy. We miss you two.

Danielle said...

Brian and Mindy, we have a request for you. Since we are unable to have a pet where we live and Danielle is a huge dog person, we need you to post a little video of you playing with Peanut to help curb our puppy hunger! Deal? Hope Bri is getting a good break from finals and that you guys are coping well with the flooding scares!

Derek

The Fab Fabian Life said...

Hi this is Heather Wynn Fabian, I was friends with Brian in high school. We are trying to plan a get together with a bunch of the friends and I am hoping you guys can send me an e-mail at heatherfabian@gmail.com so I can send an e-mail with all the details. Also if you have any contact info of the other boys that would be awesome!

Anonymous said...

So, um, the rumor mill here in slc says that your next blog entry will have a similar title to this one. Are you guys prego?